Phew ! A day to catch up with myself !

When you have a day off you pay for it later !

Monday was a bank holiday so it meant I couldn't do the weekly shop. The next slot for that was yesterday morning, which would have meant a quick dash round the store followed by the guys' meeting 12 to 2, student centre 2 till 6 then Bible study 7:30 till 10. I wondered if I'd end up short-tempered by the end of the day.

But the guys cancelled which gave me lunch with the family. Great ! I was even early at the student centre so I popped into the English Bookshop round the corner and had a chat with the guy there.

At 6pm I popped out to take the air and look for some grated carrot. I ended up in the Virgin Megastore looking at books. Predictable.

They had something I'd not seen before by Alain de Botton on work. In French - 23€. I kid you not. 23€ in paperback ! In English from Amazon.fr - 11€. I expect that on Amazon.co.uk you could get it second-hand for fourpence.

The Bible Study went pretty well, though numbers are falling as final exams are nearing and assignments are due.

Today is the calm before the weekend - it's about planning for the mission with the folk from Toulouse / Montpellier 16 to 23 April, and also getting sorted for preaching Sunday evening. I need to think about the Scottish Conference 16 to 18 April, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen