Phew ! Tired this evening !

Preaching in French at Anglade. I took my trusty Potters Catarrgh Pastilles - and left them on the dashboard of the car ! What a mutt ! Realised the gravity of my error halfway through the message - but got to the end OK !

This evening Ben preached with his usual enthusiasm and a little less speed than usual (someone said something apparently) on 1 John 1. Kind of fitting in with me on John.

We're all cock-a-hoop because Liz and Adrien have gotten engaged. There'll be a little fête tomorrow evening but sadly I can't be there because I am off on my travels again.

Yes - I feel very spoilt even though zooming off again is a bit of a fag, even just Monday to Wednesday. This time it's the pastorale in the Cévennes. If you can imagine the Bala Conference with added chestnut conserve for breakfast and wild boar for lunch then you are getting close. The Cévennes are lovely, especially in autumn, and I have to admit that the food is better than Bala, though I'd quickly and readily swap the food and the scenery to hear a Bala speaker, of course...

As always the best thing is the conversations, seeing the guys. Each time you get to know people better.

At the end of November I'll be off to Rodez for the regional synod.

It's a tough life but someone has to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen