ah bon ? Donc c'est avec le passage du temps ?

Ok. This is the story on the clutch...

I went to the garage, enjoying my bus and tram ride and sort of enjoying my hike up the main roads of Mérignac - the website puts the garage too far towards the centre of Bordeaux... Got to the place and talked to the man.

garage man say that with the passing of time the diaphragm in the clutch mechanism becomes stiff, ( which would account for why all the hire cars you ever drive have such super clutches and your own is always so grotty in comparison ). It's not the clutch plate. It's the diaphragm that hardens. This then means that you have to use more welly to press down the clutch, which obviously stresses the cable.

He said 'You must have noticed how the clutch is super-hard ?'

Well kind of... But it does creep up on you, doesn't it, the passage of time... And to be honest with you I have driven worse !

Anyway the plan is to talk to my friendly brotherly mechanic to see what he says. If he says 'Oh boy, yeah you gotta change that !' then it's time to shop around...

Oh - and I have a quote for the new diaphragm. 919 euros. I'll scan it for you some time.

Fun eh !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen