Alan is grateful for

an uneventful journey without a clutch to the garage. I found the garage and a guy watched me turn in rather too fast in second gear then draw jerkily to a halt before stalling the engine.

I went and said hello. We shook hands. "You work here ?" 'Yes, the boss will be here soon and I don't have a key. Problem with the car ?' "Yes. No clutch". 'Ah !'

I am grateful too for garage owners who shake hands with you and say "We'll sort it out" and who work 150 yards from your house.

And for friends who have made a substantial contribution to the cost of the clutch repair. Thanks guys !

And for a quiet morning to gather my strength for this evening and prepare for the weekend !

And not least for a wife who is well reestablished and trying on her wedding garb !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen