The presidency

Glad we haven't got one ! As a friend said recently "I'd find it hard to choose between a president who supports killing babies and a president who supports killing Iraqis".

Most French people I speak to feared a McCain presidency. For them McCain means more "Bushism", which means more war.

The ones who would support McCain are usually people who have roots in the Bible-belt of America where the astonishing rate of abortion in America ( millions of children killed before birth, MILLIONS ) weighs heavily on their conscience.

Meanwhile it is good to see a black president. However I fear for the American economy. I doubt if American foreign policy will improve under Obama. It is hard to imagine anything short of a dramatic work of God that could improve American foreign policy !

Meanwhile I'd much rather have a queen like Elizabeth than one of the presidents that get chosen in our republics.

There we are, that's my two-penn'orth for what it's worth ( and I don't think it's worth tuppence ! )

Comments

Pecheur said…
"Meanwhile I'd much rather have a queen like Elizabeth than one of the presidents that get chosen in our republics."

OK

And what does your queen actually do? And what do you mean "our republics?" Remember the Boston Tea Party? Or the American Revolution? Or what about the Declaration of Independence? LOL

Just like to give my British friends a hard time. =) No harm here. At least I didn't call you English, since you are Welsh. ;) Peace to you. Have a great day, bro. :)
Pecheur said…
oops i forgot to sign up for the email thing
Alan said…
Well for one thing we don't have to elect the old dear. (No disrespect meant, ma'am).

For another, she keeps out of politics.
Pecheur said…
LOL. Yep, that's true. No electing a queen.

Take care, peace be upon you

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen