Today is the day we almost went to Spain !

for the UFM EuroConf in Lloret de Mar on the Costa Brava.

We got as far as Cadaujac (about 10km) and Pat said 'I can't do this...' It's about six hours drive after all and she had started to become nauseous what with her back and the drugs etc.

So we turned round and came home.

I am quite relieved in a way - next week I am supposed to be at the EREI Pastorale, but there are things that need to be done here, so it'll be good to have a chance to get them done. In fact I had decided that I couldn't go to the pastorale but ... all things being equal ... I should be able to go.

So there we are.

So as a consolation I decided to load ubuntu-eee onto the little eeepc. Just done that and it seems to work GREAT !

As I type the children have gone to spend time with some friends and Pat is lying on the floor watching a film. We'll spend some time with the children this week, take them to the cinema, maybe to the beach or a castle or something if the weather improves.

Comments

Alan said…
Two little issues -

1) the volume control doesn't work. It moves and mutes and everything but the sound is always at full blast.

2) it doesn't mount my SD card any more. I haven't yet looked at the FAQs and forums to find the fix.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen