Bordeaux' brilliant public transport

Honestly, today I had to do lots of impossible things involving trams, buses and a large trombone in a massive wooden case - and a few "checkpoint Charlie" type rendezvous with Madame Davey.

I thought "if this works out I'll be stunned".

It did work out, the buses and trams ran to time, despite a demonstration in the city centre ( it seemed to be made up mostly of police - are they demonstrating ? ).

The only problem was a full, bouncy bus and a big trombone. An uncomfortable combination. If I carry on having to do similar manoeuvres I'll have to get one of those cool lightweight trombone cases you can pop on your back as a rucksack.

Today would never have worked in Cardiff - the bus timetables were a rough guide for approximative purposes only. I am sure that I remember waiting an hour for a bus service that ran every 30 minutes.. Maybe things have improved there. I hope so.

Meanwhile Bordeaux' bus drivers hurl their buses round the roundabouts and throw caution, passengers and trombones to the wind in their determination to run on time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen