Wheelock Heath today

I'm sitting in the Harney kitchen, typing this on their laptop's weird keyboard (what is it with you people's keyboards ? All the keys are in the wrong place and there's no accents !) and all is calm, all is bright. At about 9am I'll scuttle off to Sandbach for a day at Wheelock Heath Baptist Church where the pastor is my old friend and colleague from the EMW Theological Training Course, Danny Foulkes.

Before I do I want to rejig my PowerPoint to make it suitable for a brief slot in a morning service. I wonder if I can find a quick picture of the Griffins on the net ? Wheelock is their home church.

Tomorrow I proceed to Leicester for the Banner Conference. Our UFM Scottish Secretary will be bringing some extra materials so we can sneak a little area to put out some leaflets about UFM in France. But before I leave Deeside I have a solemn duty to perform - I must hunt for a BeddyBear at Shotton Lane Pharmacy. Well they had them there three years ago.

It's been great to be in Deeside, albeit fleetingly. At one time I had hoped to sneak into the evening service today, but this wasn't to be. However I have met up with a surprising number of folks - in Bethany Books, in Asda (always a good meeting place) and around and about. And I am back on Tuesday 8 April.

Bon dimanche !

Tomorrow our lad leaves for a school visit to England. Innit marvellous !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen