The last free service as such

Our car has this brilliant "service included" extended guarantee that the original owner bought, so I took it in today for its 100k km service. I assumed (without looking at the book) that this would be the cambelt change and anyway my garage man (= mecano) has had a tendency to keep the car all day or even overnight, so I booked an appointment at the doctors down the road from the garage and we worked out how to get the kids back and fore to school without the car.

OK - it'll be ready in an hour and a half.

No !

Yes !

What about the cambelt ? (thinks - I must memorise the French for cambelt)

Not due till 160k km or ten years.

No !

Yes !

OK - I'll be back once I've seen the doctor.

When I went back the mecano said "Now the contract ends in November so it's best to bring the car to us in October just in case you need shock absorbers or anything like that."

You're on.

Well you have a contract. You have to make the most of it.

The receptionist couldn't find my car key so she asked the mecano which key was mine.

Oh dear - his car was the one that was stolen this morning...

Ha - some people never change do they !

On the other hand now is a very good time to change your car ! Have you seen the new Berlingo that's coming out ? Here's our salesman to show you the photos.

The salesman turned out to be about 7 feet tall and built like a prop forward. He looked enormous next to the mecano who is about 5 feet tall and slight.

I left at high speed, waving my cheery good-byes and thank-yous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen