Farewell to Hawarden

It turned out to be a good thing that I was able to preach morning and evening at Wheelock. In the morning we met at the school in Sandbach - it was easy to find and all went ok. In the evening at the old chapel in Pool Lane, Winterley. The chapel was pretty full and I quite liked the way that everyone is quite close together in the building. In the school you have more space and so on, but you do lose out on intimacy. However, not everyone from the school would fit in the old chapel now. I took some photos of the congregation (which I hate doing) and when I can I'll pop 'em on the blog.

It was also great to see lots of old friends and to spend the day with the Mackenzies. I started their daughter Hannah on flute when she was 11. She gets married this year.

So today I pick up Martin Downes and we stagger off to the Banner conference at Leicester. I am just a bit animal-feverish so it will be good to get away from the little beasts and let me eyes and nose settle down.

Before getting Martin I may make a pilgrimage to my favourite old haunt - Borders in Ellesmere Port. I very seldom ever bought anything there, but when I was fed up or stressed out or a bit spent (typically after funerals) I would go and browse in Borders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen