Greetings from Hawarden

Last night was lovely at Rhuddlan. It was wet and stormy so I needed my beret as I carried the projector and stuff in from the car! Driving down the Rhuallt I remembered years of driving bookvan, our little mobile Christian lending library, down the same route to the same destination. We go back quite a long way, Rhuddlan and the Daveys !

There were a good number there - it's not a big church - and there were also some visitors from Kinmel Bay and from Lighthouse Baptist Church Abergele. The Kinmel people go to the Spain Prayer Group which I was part of for years, and the folk from Lighthouse know Joy McCarnan who was a good friend of ours in Bordeaux last year. It is a very small world. Again, wonderful questions, and the DVD seemed to work well for people.

Today is a quiet day - well kind of. I am lodged at some friends who have three young children and due to have lunch at some friends who have four musical children so quiet is one of those relative terms. Yesterday I stocked up on pants and socks and got some Cadbury's dairy milk to satisfy the cravings of the tribe back home. Do I get tea bags now or wait till I am on the way home ? That is today's big question. And of course, getting my spirit straight for tomorrow at Wheelock Heath.

ps when I got to Harney Hall I left my beret on - it was still a bit drizzly and blustery - Sarah said "Look what he's got on his head !"

Comments

Alan said…
* not to mention Marmite

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen