Well I've got the car back

It entailed a phone call to the garage at 15:40 (or thereabouts) - then :

Bus 46 from l'Alouette to Pessac Centre.

Tram ligne B from Pessac Centre to Victoire.

Bus 20 from Victoire to Pont de la Maye and my garagiste.

On the bus 5pm was looming, but I phoned the garage and they said they close at 6. Phew !

Why take the car to Pont de la Maye? Complicated story. Ready?

When the first owner bought the car in 2003 he paid for a 5 year service-included extended warranty. But the naughty receptionist didn't log it onto Citroën's system.

When I bought the car the warranty came with it, but my garagiste had to phone the dealer in Picardy to establish that the contract was good.

So now every time he services the car he sends the bill to the dealer in Picardy and they stump up, and not me.

The first controle technique (MOT) is due this autumn. All included.

Today he changed the discs and pads. All included.

And the warranty runs up to November 2008. Yippeee!

So I think the scuttling round on Bordeaux's excellent public transport system is worth it just now, but it took up almost all my day off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen