Anyone know how to cook sea urchins?

Those black tufty things.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Emmanuel said…
Maybe you could ask the fishmonger and let us know? If he knows his job, he should be able to tell you.
Alan said…
As long as he doesn't expect me to BUY any...
Anonymous said…
If you do buy any, beware the spines should any remain. They are difficult to remove from the flesh and tend to fester. You have been warned!

I suspect they are quite nice, they are popular throughout the Med coastal regions. However, I haven't tried them myself.....

I understand that sea-slugs like them too. Make of that what you will.
Alan said…
I found some recipes afterwards. Apparently you can do them like boiled eggs, but the effect was spoiled for me when the instructions said "with a scissors remove the top of the shell and take away the excremental parts".

YUK!
Anonymous said…
What are you fussing about? With cockles, mussels, oysters, prawns and probably many other moluscs as well, you just gobble them up with everything else. Or don't you do moluscs at all?

Fruits de Mer anyone?
Alan said…
Let's face facts - I couldn't handle a harmless snail.

Sea-urchins are way out of my league.

(Readers are reminded that all anonymous comments will be rejected, even witty ones.)

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen