Irish Calvinist reviews Grudem on Evangelical Feminism

http://www.irishcalvinist.com/?p=787

Have you read the book?

Some folks say "These verses are really hard to understand and to interpret". Does he deal with that, the alleged obscurity of these words : I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. (2 Tim. 2.12) ?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Putting aside the question of women preachers / pastors. What do you all think of women deacons in the light of Phoebe in Romans 16:1 possibly being a deaconess? Or is this the slippery slope that Ligon foresees as the demise of that church who has women leaders? I thought it was right, since deacons are purely and simpley servants, but now I'm not sure. I'm talking about non conformist church set ups, since I am aware that deacons can mean different things in some places. The characteristics for deacons in 2 Timothy and other passages assume men will hold such offices, so are we wrong to put women there?

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty