Today I ate a jesuit, but I didn't eat the nun

A jésuite is a kind of custard pie with icing sugar on the top. It actually looked to me like a slice of pizza or something! I couldn't tell what it was, so I bought it and ate it for lunch!

A religieuse (a nun) is a kind of cross between a chocolate or coffee eclair and a cottage loaf. That is, it's two little choux buns, one on top of the other, filled with either cream or custard and topped with chocolate or coffee.

I think actually a nun is probably nicer than a jesuit. But there we are. Everyone has 20/20 hindsight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
.... and I shot the sherrif, but I did not shoot the deputy. Judging by the song, the deputy was obviously nicer than the sherrif. Sorry Alan, trite, yes, but the article brought it straight to my mind - or the meanderings thereof. Is there any other perverse reader out there who had a similar train of thought? If so, I pity you...
Alan said…
Well that cleared that one up! I never imagined that a simple blog would draw out such confessions...

(Just imagine though, Ken, the sick person who could have the song in mind while framing a blog posting... Don't tell anyone...)
Anonymous said…
The fact you prepfer nuns to Jesuits may have soemthing to do with you being a bloke!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen