First mortgage offer has arrived

Strangely, not the one from our own bank. I imagine that is still crawling its way to us in the post. We've received the offer from the bank who said 'not at this address' when the postman tried to deliver our application forms to their office.

The repayments would be less than with our own bank, but the interest rate is variable. However we can opt for a fixed rate after a month. We can also defer a month's repayment each year, etc. It's one of those flexible mortgage things.

They have put an exclusion on my life insurance - that our mortgage repayments are insured if I am rendered unable to work, unless this is because of my asthma. Since my asthma is mild, and generally triggered by cats, dogs etc. I doubt if it will ever stop me working.

The offer arrived today, and French law prohibits you from accepting it until the 11th day following, so we can only accept the mortgage offer on 29 September, which is the day we were supposed to get the keys. So I'll go to the estate agents this afternoon and tell them the good news and the bad news.

Comments

Alan said…
Estate agents very relaxed as ever. I don't think we'll be getting the keys on the 29th! They don't think the notaire's dossier is ready yet.

Oh well! We're getting there.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen