Margaux Motorway Menace

This proposed motorway is important to us:

a. It will relieve congestion on the Bordeaux ring-road, the rocade. At present the rocade is clogged with lorries taking all kinds of goods from Spain and Portugal to northern Europe. (Lots of different cars are made in Spain and Portugal, including Peugeots, Citroëns, Volkswagens, Fords, etc.) We see an accident every one or two weeks on the rocade, and we only travel two junctions on the thing!

b. It will increase the importance of Blaye by bringing the main road to Spain nearer to the town. We have a satellite church in the Blayais - there are two church buildings in villages near Blaye and we also hold services in a large room at a chateau just outside the town. As far as we know this is the only evangelical - indeed, the only protestant witness in that area.

Comments

Smartcar Owner said…
i love peugoets, u lucky to have them, canada doesnt


Peugeot Forums
Alan said…
I like them, too, but they're better one at a time than on a huge truck!
Anonymous said…
Discounts for bulk buying, or maybe buy three, get three free??? However, for me, could you please direct a lorry full of Citroen C6 cars to our driveway. I'll be content with just two, one for weekdays and one for weekends. Failing that, I would accept C5 estates, but doesn't the title give visions of Clive Sinclair? In fact they have a pedal C5 in Slaters in Ruthin, right alongside the car of that ilk.
Alan said…
Ah! Slaters of Ruthin! Many's the happy visit I made there to get my old red Berlingo serviced when it was still under warranty.

If any of the C5 estates ever fall off the back of one of those lorries, and if after three months the police cannot find the owner and tell me that the cars are now mine, then I will certainly let you have one.
Anonymous said…
I hope that Slaters had used to charge you on a more lenient basis than they were proposing to do for me. The Memsahib's Xsara failed its M.O.T. on account of a faulty steering gaiter. Estimate of repair? £110.00 and I would have to bring it back as they didn't have one in stock. (Citroen main agent mind you.) I drove back to Wrexham and the car was fixed in my regular garage across the road within an hour and a half - the part was in stock! - and it cost me less than half the price quoted by the former premises.
Alan said…
Ooh la la!

Yes. Once the car was out of warranty it went to Pete's Kar Klinic in Kweensferry. A good bloke and good value.

Having said that, I preferred Slaters to that place in Chester.. Even though once they left the oil filler cap off and oil sprayed all over the engine compartment...

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen