Tozer - a man in heaven

The teaching of the New Testament is that now, at this very moment, there is a Man in heaven appearing in the presence of God for us. He is as certainly a man as was Adam or Moses or Paul; he is a man glorified, but his glorification did not de-humanize him. Today he is a real man, of the race of mankind, bearing our lineaments and dimensions, a visible and audible man, whom any other man would recognize instantly as one of us.But more than this, he is the heir of all things, Lord of all lords, head of the church, firstborn of the new creation. He is the way to God, the life of the believer, the hope of Israel, and the high priest of every true worshiper. He holds the keys of death and hell, and stands as advocate and surety for everyone who believes on him in truth. Salvation comes not by accepting the finished work, or deciding for Christ; it comes by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, the whole, living, victorious Lord who, as God and man, fought our fight and won it, accepted our debt as his own and paid it, took our sins and died under them, and rose again to set us free. This is the true Christ; nothing less will do. - A.W. Tozer

From Graham Weeks, Christiansquoting

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good to focus on Christ. God WILL guide you to the right house. Tell Pat -lovely picture. I haven't got a blog so I can't leave a comment on hers, but I was in hysterics!
Alan said…
You're telling me!

I get so fed up with things like house-hunting etc. They do my head in good and proper! And the estate agents unveiling their properties one or two at a time for your to consider, like some posh jeweller in a boring flm!

Good to remember that the one with all authority in heaven and on earth is working out his plan.
Anonymous said…
Hello,
I am a musician who has been heavily influenced by Keith Green. I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download.

I don't mean to be a pest, so if this message is an annoyance, please delete it and accept my humblest of apologies. I just want to share my music with people who love Jesus.

Thanks,
-Sean
______________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen