What about Deeside church?

The day we were commissioned to come to France, Martin Downes was formally recognised and appointed as the new pastor. We left for France on 4 September. Martin started at Deeside on 1 September. We just rejoice at God's kindness, providence and goodness.

Over the past few days we have had a number of different messages from folks at Deeside; by e-mail, telephone and letter, and all are so encouraging. It's a source of great joy that things are going well.

I remember years ago at one of our houseparties talking to our speaker and talking about how I felt about the Deeside folk. "Of course", he said, "think of 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. " Yes. Of course.

I have always resisted making any comment whatsoever in the past. It's impertinent, to say the least, for former ministers to comment on the "new regime"! So I hope you will forgive this posting, aware that silence can be as eloquent as words, though sadly oft misinterpreted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen