April in Bordeaux

I am sure it's the nicest month. Temperatures have now hovered around the low twenties for nearly a fortnight. It's sunny and bright.

I had been wondering when to start the mosquito stink machine going. Well - I had my answer last night.

We were suddenly invaded by wave after wave of large, fat, thirsty mosquitos. Well, I wasn't. I was perfectly happy and relaxed in my seminar of literature, doing the Francis Shaeffer thing without the gospel ending. But Pat, Fiona and the kids were being systematically exsanguinated.

So now the mosquito stink machine is on and, hopefully, working.

Seminar of literature? Francis Schaeffer without the gospel? Yes! It is like the Schaeffer films all over again! Last night we were "doing Camus" (no final s here by the way) and the lecturer very carefully explained that Camus is trying to find a way for man to be man without God, and for it to be worth something to be man even though it means nothing without God in the picture.

Are the Schaeffer films, "How should we then live", available in French. Is the book translated into French?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen