Special season of prayer meetings

The church is holding lunchtime prayer meetings at the centre near the town hall 12-2 Monday to Thursday. However, it takes us an hour to get into town, by bus then tram, so I hope to go in on Thursday, combining it with my visit to the prefecture.

Meanwhile I am praying specially for pastors, (having been one, I know they need prayer) in the vein of Matt 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest and Isaiah 40 (renewing strength). I was going to write more about this, but I think that's enough.

And a bit of encouragement on the old language front - I was talking with a couple the other day. He is French, she is married to a frenchman (him!) and has lived in France since time immemorial. They both said they have real difficulty with tu/vous. She because she finds it hard to switch from the one to the other. He because he finds it hard to remember who he says vous to and who he says tu to.

I was so encouraged. Perversely so. OK, those things are hard for me. But they're hard for everybody! It's not me. They're just hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen