I get so fed-up - shouldn't really!

We tried to register for child allowance again this morning.

Last time was just before Christmas. I took the forms then, and they told me that I had the wrong kind of declaration de ressources, and that I had to use a certain form. Anyway, I got the form and realised that it was very similar to the UK tax form, so after doing my tax return I filled it in.

But term had started again! Sadly, because of constraints of time it is not possible to go to the office while we are at DEFLE or while the kids are at school. You have to queue to be seen.

Today I had opportunity to go back to the office. This is what you have to do.

1) check the forms

2) look at the map to plan your route to the office in Bègles

3) get lost

4) stop and look at the map again

5) take roads at random until you see the Bègles child benefit office in the distance

6) enter your name into the computer queueing system

7) help some French people to enter their number into the computer queueing system

8) wait to be called to see the lady

9) give her the forms

10) she says "you also need another form" (they always tell you this one form at a time, so as not to confuse you)

11) go home and phone Newcastle to try and get the extra form we need.

I said to the lady, "Can we post it to you?"

She replied, "Where do you live? Villenave - no, come in with it."

Oh well, if we can get through to Newcastle today, and if we can get the form sent in the next fortnight, and if we can get back to the office before the end of the holidays then we will be sorted. Otherwise it could be June.

Still at least I can be useful helping people to work the computerised queueing system. And apparently once you have given them everything they want they start giving you money! Honestly! And the more children you have the more money they give you. And if you have THREE children that's great because that is a "numerous family"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen