Another admin job done - I think....

This one was filling in the form for joining the health service and sending it off.

I confess that it is still a bit baffling. For example, for people coming to France from a EU country we are supposed to attach a photocopy of our identity card. But we Brits don't have them. Aha! So they've got our passports and birth certificates instead.

Also do I want to join the retirement scheme? Frankly I would rather not. But I think I have to, as part of my responsibility to the collectivity: as a working man I am supposed to help pay the pensions of those who are retired, from whose past work I benefit.

Anyway, it's done.

Next job - the telephone company, to stop paying for unlimited calls to Britain. We don't use it enough and it's too expensive. We'll join TalkTalk instead in the hope of getting free internet access one day.

Then the Prefecture. A word that strikes terror into my heart! It's at the Meriadeck centre somewhere. I hope there's a map on the internet!

Then to the Tresor Public to register to pay income tax and to ask for a declaration for 2005. Opinions vary as to whether I need to declare yet or not (these varying opinions being expressed very firmly), but as it is unlikely that we will pay tax anyway we had just as well play safe and declare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen