Chez l'ophthalmo

 Get it all over in one foul sweep, that's what I say. Then, if you're careful crossing the road, you may not see another white coat till next year.

Anyway I went to get my eyes checked. My vision has improved since last year, apparently. The long sightedness of my advancing years is cancelling out the short-sightedness caused by my failing focusing muscles. The doctor examined the back of my eyes, too. 

"These drops will sting and you won't be able to drive home." 

"As long as I can walk and get on the tram."

My eyes were fine, I can carry on with the same glasses, I can carry on being indiscipline and forget to take them with me. Basically I can do almost whatever I like and my eyes will cope fine.

But when I left the ophthalmologist's, boy was I in trouble. I think the drops dilate your pupils because even with my dark glasses I was dazzled by everything.EVERYTHING! 

I managed to make it across the road, I think the traffic all stopped for me, but when I got to Place Gambetta I couldn't tell the kerb from the path from the flower-bed. An hour of groping my way round the place and by the time I went for my first meeting of the day at 11:30 I could basically see OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen