And we’re almost back to normal

At the hospital they had told me to do nothing on Wednesday and next to nothing on Thursday. Mrs Davey, ex-nurse, nevertheless authorized me to leave the flat to go and buy nice ground coffee from our friends at Cafeincup, and then to walk home as fast as I liked. I had to call at the pharmacy, too.

It was a beautiful day with wonderful light and the coffee is good. 

I hurtled along the quays, pausing every now and then for yet another photo of the Pont de Pierre.





I had to be back by 11am for a wenibar, no winebar, no webinar on the misuse of power, given by the forthright Marcus Honeysett under the badge this time of Acts29. This was an excellent and direct talk followed by a question time. I very much appreciated the approach Marcus took and got quite upset because of the way we ape secular culture just now. It’s a nightmare.

When the recording is available I hope we can watch it with our leaders here and I’ll certainly give you a link to it.

Incidentally I almost typed Marcus’ approach, but this opens another, though smaller can of worms that has been bothering me since Christmas Day. The Queen pronounced Jesus’ as jeezussis. Has this changed? Was I always wrong? Is it one of those optional things now? I always understood that when s was followed by an apostrophe you made no change in pronunciation or perhaps you might harden the s.. So “Jesus’ disciples” is pronounced ‘jeezuss disciples’. And ‘Marcus’ approach’ would be ‘Markuss approach’. I am prepared to be wrong, especially when it comes to the Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen