les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Morning trots

I have not spoken of my morning running sessions for a while.

Oh dear. EVERY TIME I go away for a few days I have to battle to get my running back on track again. It's a nightmare! Five days in Scotland severely disrupted my routine such that when I got back out on the road I struggled gravely to get going again.

Add in my weekend tummy bug and frankly... well, it was not until this morning that I began to feel that perhaps I would get back on track soon.

Still. Even when it is a struggle, it is a manful struggle, and worthwhile!

And these mornings are beautiful. The vines are sprouting. The vineyard is changing out of its winter charcoal corduroy into a lush green velvet. The irises have blossomed briefly. The various wildflowers are flourishing. The trees are blooming. And a wisteria hangs over a wall to greet me as I rumble viscously past.

No comments: