Autocool

So 8:30 found me at the bus stop waiting for the 4 to Pessac. I'd booked the car from 9 and got to the parking place a few minutes before. I think you pay per 15 mins, and I needed the toilet, so I asked some friendly neighbourhood JWs where the nearest loo was and went off to find it while one of them scraped the ice off the windscreen of the car. (I told you they were friendly !) Then pick up the family, deposit the kids at Cenon and bustle off to Blaye.

You sit high in a Peugeot Beepee Tipper, and the ride is kind of bouncy; it bounced happily up the motorway to Blaye and we arrived bang on time. Most folk were late. The congregation is not numerous but it's courageous and in good heart, and all geared up for the start of services in the town centre next week.

Aftewards we bounced back to Cenon. I was keeping my eye on the fuel guage because the goal is to always leave the car at least 1/4 full of fuel. Meanwhile Pat scoured the interior of the car for the card with which to buy fuel if we needed to. In vain. But we didn't need to. I later discovered that it is lodged somewhere in the elctronic gizmo in the glovebox.

After the church pie social and the time of questions and discussion and the English Service we headed back home, I dropped off the family and got the car back to its parking place by about 8:30. 8:50 bus from Pessac and home about 9.

Autocool. So far, so cool !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen