Visit to Grenoble

A while ago I visited Lausanne to preach at the church there and to attend some preaching seminars given by Stuart Olyott, who has since become the pastor of our 'home church'. The Lausanne church is part of the nascent francophone reformed baptist movement, and it's been a great blessing to be in touch with these guys.

This led to a visit to Grenoble to meet up with the church there and to preach on Sunday. Grenoble is a beautiful city, set at the confluence of two alpine valleys. The valley floor is at about 200 metres (or so I am told) but the mountains around rise to over 2000 metres, so you can imagine how dramatic the scenery is. I saw my first glacier from afar and was generally captivated by the beauty of it all. So that's why people fall in love with the Alps !

It was great to meet with the church, which dates back a little more than ten years and was planted by David Vaughn. David's is a name I have known for many years - he's well-known in RB circles - but it was my first time to meet him. The church folk are very talented, energetic and well-taught.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen