Good for nothing Monday

So the match, well let's not mention the match. Even the French coach isn't happy - he called his team 'sales gosses'.

Then the funeral - Blaye is so different from Bordeaux - the little church building was packed with people and Dai the postman, our technical guy up there, had rigged up a speaker outside. We sang without accompaniment , "Compte les bienfaits de Dieu" and "J'entends ta douce voix" and people sang very well. It was a cheerful, hopeful funeral and I know Madeleine would have been happy with it. The cemetery was the nicest I've seen in France, too, out in the flat part of the Blayais, with a nice open sky. It kind of reminded me of Hawarden cemetery a bit. A lady asked if we were able to go back to her place for a coffee, but we had to rush back to Bordeaux for the Chinese meeting.

The Chinese meeting was a joy as ever, four new folk. Chinese is easy to follow when people sing because one character = one word = one syllable. However though I can point to the characters I haven't the foggiest how to pronounce them, even if now I begin to recognise one or two... Anyway...

Sunday morning back to Blaye. I preached on Psalm 100 and the God who is there. Again we sang well, though we were few in number.

Sunday evening English service we were 24. (9 last week). It was great ro see old friends back for a visit, old friends back from time in their home countries and also to meet some new folk. Meanwhile I was in the middle of Romans 7. I hope people were able to understand. Pointless discussion afterwards with one guy about the divisions of the law and I was so brain-numb that I didn't point out that Paul specifically mentions one of the ten commandments, so he's obviously not on about ceremonial or civil laws. Doh...

Pat was a little unwell yesterday evening do we were later than usual getting to sleep.

Today I am good for nothing ! Nap after lunch, I think !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen