Pat's birthday

Well I put the banners on the window and when Pat woke up the kids gave her her presents and cards and stuff. Then I left for Anglade, Pat and the chidlren were guiding Christian, our visiting preacher, to Cenon.

At Anglade we did the service according to the rule book - my first time ever. I had so much paper in front of me that I couldn't find my (one-page) sermon notes, but I'd used them as a bookmark in Matin de Promesse and spotted them just in time. All that was left was to forget my red fleece jacket on the front row.

The church here is liturgical. Well, in the broad sense. Up till now that has been completely undetectable but two things have happened, firstly a change of pastor, then the local chairman reminding churches that for the communion service there's a form of service. So I gave it a go. It'd be good to discuss it with someone... Anyway.

Went back to Cenon to pick up the family and en route thought how much Pat would appreciate going out for a birthday lunch. Quick calculations - anywhere like Courtepaille really mounts up now that everyopne is effectively adult. Gwilym fancied pizza and there's a place called Pizza Pai that we went to once or twice in the past just off junction 20 of the rocade. So we went to look.

Well there's a kids' menu up to 16 at 10 euros for pizza with your choice of three toppings, dessert and drink. Then Pat and I chose our main course (pasta, pizza) and it comes with either starter or dessert included. Total damage just under 40 euros. Doable. (They had various exotic pizzas on the menu but I stuck to traditional bacon and prunes.)

Back home for much-needed cup of tea, then the English service with a new family - Swedish-Norwegian and speaking perfect English after a 5-year stay there. They have a lovely lad named Emil.

Home tired but happy after an action-packed Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen