Jesus my King, King, King, King, King, my King, King, King and King...

I am in Britain at the moment and so I am thinking. (Oh dear...)

For some years now in Britain we have been rejoicing in the Kingship of Jesus. It's goes with the "big picture" view of biblical theology, Two ways to live, Christianity Explored and all that.

And it's good.

But it's not all.

And sometimes I wonder if we are suffering a little from a skewed and inadequate view of the Lord Jesus Christ as a result.

Even his Kingship is viewed solely in terms of his being our boss and master, rather than our champion...

More later - my time's almost run out on this terminal at Keswick.

Newton's words are

Jesus my Shepherd, Brother, Friend,
my Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen