I think my concern is...

that when we only really think of Jesus as our King there's a whole range of emotions, feelings, sentiments that are neglected...

For example, our Shepherd feeds us, leads us, cares for us.

Our brother loves us and watches out for us.

Our friend is always with us and available to us.

Our prophet teaches us and makes us wise.

Our priest prays for us.

And so on... I just wonder whether sometimes Christians don't feel loved, and whether it all comes down to oughts, shoulds and musts...

Comments

minternational said…
I think I agree - but I wonder if it's in part because our conception of 'King' is wrong - the true King would always feed his people, care for them, nurture and protect them - hence the use of 'shepherd' to describe the king in the OT.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen