PJB

I can't make the music school orchestra practice at the moment. Albert is OK about it, and yesterday I got the parts so I can take a look at them. For one piece he's given me the baritone sax part, so I have to transpose it. Hmmm.

However, Renaud prof de trombone has been talking for a while about playing in the PJB, the Pessac Jazz Band, the school's big band. Last night was the first evening I could go, so I went. Well it's great fun. You have to keep your wits about you. Last night we worked on an arrangement of Chick Corea's "Spain", "JB" by Jeff Jarvis, and an arrangement of "Fly me to the moon". We were four saxos, two trumpets, bass guitar, guitar, drums and two trombones - three if you include Renaud, who directs the big band. The rehearsal was from 20h30 to about 23h.

There are recordings of lots of these on Youtube, but at present I don't seem to be able to post videos on the blog. They'll probably come all at once one day !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen