OK - it's time to resize partitions

Some years ago it seemed a really good idea to divide hard disks into partitions - just like in big companies' databases. A small partition for software and a big partition for data.

The only problem is that with windows and typical home or small office use you need masses of space for all the software (90% of whose functions you never use) and you could fit all your data on a very small USB key.

So I am going to have to resize the hard disk partitions of the student centre laptop. I have pondered the question for a little while. I did the exercise once before on my old athlon (since died - no connection, honest). I have hunted down some free software, downloaded it and burnt the required CD.

So on Thursday, God willing, Partition Logic will be unleashed on the student centre laptop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen