Oh - and a major rebellion is underway

Well - this morning our résumé of texts class was cancelled (even though I had got up at 5h30 to rewrite my résumé because it didn't have enough words. 75 when the target was 93.) I have to do résumé of texts because I have chosen two "human science" options (civilisation and histoire). The people who do two "littérature" options get to go to something called "dissertation, commentaire de textes".

So we were sat round drinking coffee when the other class was herded together by the lecturer in charge. I wanted to ask her if she was a soixante-huitard anyway, because we have to give our history talk on "May '68" soon. (She was, sort of, but she was in the States at the time. I was SO tactful when I asked her - you would have been proud of me!)

But she invited us to join her class for the morning. Well it was FAR more interesting than our résumé class. We talked about autobiography and the unwritten rules that autobiographists must respect with illustrations from people like Chateaubriand etc..

So I am switching class. No. I know it's not what the rules say, but I am switching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen