As long as the weather holds out... (Oops!)

We sang a song this morning that is known, it appears, as pour la durée des temps (as long as time lasts). Indeed, this line occurs several times in the song, and when the song was projected people sang it with great attention.

Thankfully.

Because if their eyes had wandered to the bottom of the screen, to the song title and page number, they would have seen that I had typed the title as pour la durée du temps - which would be (badly) interpreted as "as long as the weather lasts".

Very British.

Nobody noticed except me, though one person saw me start to chuckle and wondered why. One guy pointed out a speling eror in the creed - which I had just cut and pasted. I don't mind those.

It lightened a weekend where we Daveys have been a bit fed up. Nothing serious. We're all just a bit tired, that's all. An early night tonight will fix it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen