I told him it wouldn't be accepted

We had to do an exercise in writing practice. It was an unusual one - we had to remove the non-essentials from a passage of Maupassant. (One does not usually rewrite French literary works! Next week we have to change his "hero" into a "heroine".)

Anyway my American friend had done it in pencil. I said "What's that?"

"Pencil"

"She won't accept it."

"It's all I have."

"I can lend you a pen"

"Pencil is erasable"

"So is pen with one of these effaceurs"

"I don't have one of those effaceurs"

"But they're in every supermarket"

"But I have lots and lots of pencils"

Anyway, she didn't accept it, but she did let him rewrite it and hand it in today. (After all, it's nearly spring!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen