Two more over with

Grammar - we have been comparing notes and LOTS of us forgot THE GOLDEN RULE - that when you get two verbs together (well.. not auxiliary verbs, silly) the second verb is in the infinitive. One girl did just the same as me - hedged her bets to begin with, then changed them ALL to be wrong! Oh well. You lose some and you lose some more.

So today - Contemporary History. The title? "The French Revolution". I write SUCH RUBBISH. I just hope he has a sense of humour! My closing sentence was "While some nations are proud of their (one) constitution and its amendments, and other nations are proud of their lack of a constitution, France is proud of having made five constitutions." I meant it. I think.

Then Etude stylistique. We had to comment on two works of art. Firstly "Le Vaisseau", by Jean Heron. It's a picture of a whale morphing into a sailing ship, with the text underneath "How boats are born". Then Magritte's "La clef des songes".

I actually quite enjoyed these exams today. Now all that remains is translation, where I will almost certainly be failed on principle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen