11 months? 3 years, more like!

I have been discussing language learning with colleagues in the cross-national, cross-linguistic, cross-cultural ministry community. My unrealistic expectations were challenged by one highly esteemed brother the other day, with the result that I got really down, momentarily. I asked him how long it was before he had preached the first time after his arrival in his new country. "11 months", he said, "and it went very well, though others have said that 11 months is rather quick."

11 MONTHS, thought I. Oh boy - that's SUCH a long time.

Tonight I was speaking with another esteemed colleague, and I recounted the 11 months conversation. "11 months?" they said, "that's so quick. With me it was three years."

Three years! THREE YEARS! I don't know what to say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen