Information meeting

Here is the news.

Pat going up

Pat, who is currently reading "Rendevous avec la mort" (Agatha Christie in French) has been promoted to IL5. Her results are on display - but in the secretary's office, which is locked. I shall try and get them tomorrow morning.

Her timetable is exactly the same as last semester.

Alan to be flogged to death

Alan's timetable is bigger, longer, later and now includes every day of the week. However it no longer includes compte rendu or translation from the American. But it will include a larger amount of oral presentations.

I'll still be doing contemporary history (glad about this - we haven't even got to Napoleon yet) but my other options will change.

I'll also have to do a sort of dissertation on some subject of my own choice. I am wondering about something to do with the documents of the French reformation - perhaps "Calvin and the King", exploring the background to Calvin's dedicatory preface to the Institutes, or maybe something more general. It'll have to be "literary", but if I can make it literary, historical and gospel related, then I will.

(My friend from Vietnam helped give me ideas - he suggested in our meeting that he could work on St Augustine, but Augustine was rejected on the grounds of not being French! I thought "yes, but Irenaeus was (sort of), and Martin of Tours certainly was, not to mention the Bernards and ......"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen