Return from Teisendorf

We just got back from the International Christian Communities of Eurasia Pastors' Retreat (there's so much in that title...) at Teisendorf in Bavaria.

I'll report more fully later, but first impressions:

German is almost totally unintelligible. I'm pretty good with languages, but honestly...

German people are adorable. Pleasant, helpful, friendly but discreet - almost shy.

Bavaria is gorgeous. Just beautiful.

Pork and ham is ubiquitous. Breakfast, lunch and dinner could always involve some kind of pig product. Hence my song of the week: "Schwein in the Morning, Schwein in the Evening, Schwein at Supper-Time"

Oh, and I crossed off something from my bucket list.

I ate (a half of) a slice of Sachertorte in Salzburg, with a very good big black coffee.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hah! Was just watching Rick Stein on BBC iPlayer visiting the 'factory' in Vienna where the only authentic Sachertorte is made. I trust you ran back to Bordeaux to work off the calories.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen