Mission Week recuperation

Well the OMFrance7 left on Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Monday morning. They left a gaping hole but fatigue was waiting to fill it up!

So Monday was basically a quiet day. We needed shopping. Pat's back is playing up. Pat said we could get through to Tuesday. I rejoiced. I caught up on whatever emails didn't require any thought to process. You get the picture.

Now then... We've had a project for a while of starting an Independent Free International Reading Group in some café or other of Bordeaux. I'd sounded out some folk. I'd talked to a café or two. A splendid place called Horace said they'd be happy to have us. I tentatively talked about the first Tuesday of October.

But then came mission week. I did nothing to prepare. Nothing at all. Neither could I. We'll knock it into touch until November, thought I.

But unbeknown to me emails were circulating and a little group were intending to come.

So we met and had an interesting time talking about Hilary Mantel's piece in the Guardian about the death of Diana: about wit, malice, British and French Catholicism, the morals of the aristocracy, grief, national feeling, all sorts...

There we are - it's launched!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen