les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Friday, January 06, 2017

What? When? Hang on... where, exactly?

So can you confirm your text for the youth service on January 29th? I have Colossians 2. Also we'll be choosing songs this week so we need to get things straight before Glen leaves for New Guinea.

So read the email I received yesterday. More or less. Names and destinations changed.

But I'm preaching in Bordeaux on January 29th. Anyway, where could this be?

I replied. Who? What? Where?

It transpires that I am not the only pastor in the world who goes by the name of Alan Davey.

As well as a prominent civil servant in the Midlands and the bass player for Hawkwind, Google reveals a Pastor Alan Davey in Toronto and in New Zealand. Both in Baptist churches. Both very cool guys.

Maybe I should write them...




No comments: