The eye test

Again it's really very cold here. I'm typing at 11:34, the sun has been up and bright a long time and still there is frost on the roofs where the sun is shining! I've just got back from my annual eye test and on the way back, in the sunshine, my breath still condensed in the freezing air. My phone says it is -3°C right now. Could be.

It often is colder here n Bordeaux than in Shotton where we used to live in North Wales. My theory for this is that Spain blocks the effect of the Gulfstream from us while bestowing upon us the storms of the Bay of Biscay. At the moment we are on yellow alert for grand froid (big cold) while northern Brittany is not. Good old Gulfstream, eh? Please correct me gently if I am wrong.

50€ for an eye-test! But we should get that back. The doctor said (you get seen by an optometrist first, then a doctor who has a good squint at your retinas) "Well, your myopia is getting worse, as is your presbyopia, but that's all to be expected. I'll write you a prescription for new glasses but you can wait a while if you prefer. See what your insurance says."

So in a moment I'll go on the insurance company website to see if they tell me how often I can change my glasses. I think it's once a year, in which case I can go ahead. If not, well, we'll see.

Comments

Rosena said…
Or not, as the case may be?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen