1. It really is all of grace.
Any church growth or health is down to the goodness of God.
2. Those you help the most, hurt the most.
Sometimes the people you invest in the most just walk away...sometimes in anger.
3. Beware of strangers bearing gifts.
Too many times I have trusted new people too soon and been burnt. Beware motives.
4. Home is where the heart is: Protect it!
My primary calling is as a husband & father, but it is always tempting to neglect.
5. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Pastoral care and preaching are inseparable.
6. Grace is always enough, even in the face of death.
God always brings His people through, even when their faith seems weak
7. Remember the 7th day of creation.
Sleep, sabbaths and sabbaticals keep us humble and healthy.
8. Fight to have fresh milk every day.
I need the grace of time with God every day. Without it I get arrogant or despondent.
9. Don't believe the hype.
Fads, fashions and famous Christians/churches come and go.
Ignore it all.
10. Jesus really is ALWAYS the answer.
But He wants to be applied intricately and intimately to each individual soul.
11. It's never the people you expect.
God works wonders in the most unexpected people. The Spirit blows where he determines.
12. It really is all of grace.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far and grace will lead us home.
Some of these I agree with more than others, and some I might express differently, but all merit consideration.