les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Couch to 5K - Patricia racing ahead

Pat is a week ahead of me in this running programme, which means she just did day two of week 4.
On day 1 of week 1, just a few short weeks ago, she couldn't run for a minute continuously.
Today she ran 3 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 3 minutes, all quite comfortably.
In total 16 minutes in total, interspersed with minutes of walking.

Meanwhile yesterday I had my first problem with asthma, I think because the weather was noticeably colder, so on my second bout of running I was wheezing enough to need to slow down to a walk and use my Ventolin inhaler. After that I was fine and completed the session with no further problems.


No comments: