The American Consul

Yesterday evening I braved the evening traffic to crawl into Quinconces to the meeting of Bordeaux-USA - the group for friendship between Americans and French people.

Yes, I know I am neither American nor French, but I have friends who are, so I fit in the friendship thing, OK.

The Consul is called Mr Wolf, and he spoke about consular services, then about the voyage of the Hermione, the boat on which Lafayette sailed to America to encourage their revolt against the Crown (cough, cough). Then he gave a bit of an update on the presidential campaign.

Afterwards we chatted briefly and I asked if I could sign up to the consular alert system that warns of specific threats against Americans in France, for the sake of the folks who belong to our church. He directed me to the place to look and this morning I signed up.

Afterwards I chatted with an American friend and a French friend (see!) and then crawled back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen