les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Thursday, May 07, 2015

How I almost got to drive a bus

Bus 4 was at the stop, passengers aboard, hazard lights flashing, a little gang of TBC officials standing around the door.

"There's a problem?" quoth I.

"No driver", said the official.

"Well I could have a go."

"Got a PSV licence?"

"Well I have an ordinary licence and my father was a bus driver."

"Oh well, that's a good start."

"And I live at Pessac Alouette."

"Well you can just leave the bus there and we'll pick it up later."

"Yes, I know the route and I know more or less what to do."

"It's the 'more or less' that poses a problem" said his colleague.

I got on the bus and waited.

No comments: