The pain and the pleasure

House-hunting, eh ! It's so time-consuming and such a faff...

So this morning we scuttled off to talk to an agency that Fiona has used and that might just consider renting to the Mitchells. The lady was very pleasant and we arranged to see a couple of places next Wednesday morning.

Then we had an appointment at 2:30 to see a flat that I have visited before. It's the landlord who owns the FACflat that the FAC stagiaires stay in, and I think we got in touch with him via Robyn, and Irish language assistant who was here in Bordeaux with us a couple of years ago. I'd been to a barbecue on the terrace of the flat some time ago, and a very nice terrace it is, too. The kind of flat I can imagine retiring to with Mrs Davey if that's the kind of thing we one day do.

Anyway there's one or two things to sort out, like when the flat will be available and so on.

Then off to the bank to make an appointment to open a bank account.

Now it's preparation time for Sunday. Church council day tomorrow.

Meanwhile a tragedy. My phone, my nice android phone that I like so much got a software update this morning. I was quite excited about it until my phone froze on rebooting and now does nothing at all.

So Monday will see me at the Bougie-wougie telecom shop to get it sorted. Glad it's under warranty !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen