Deputation visits June 2012

I have just returned from my deputation visits. Here's some initial impressions :


I arrived in the UK on Jubilee Weekend. From where I stood the jubilee was a splendid occasion for the UK. I don't think that I have ever found the country so endearing. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Olympic torch thing, though.


The churches I visited are all so different : churches meeting in schools, in huge buildings, in old chapels, in new hi-tech premises. Churches in cities, in towns, in villages. Meetings with HUNDREDS of people, meetings with fewer than 20 people.

I think in all the churches there was a tremendous optimism and joy. People seem content in God.

It was a great opportunity to spend a little time with our home church, including two sessions in Bethany Books (meet the non-author !), visits to some folks who are shut-in or unwell, an elders' meeting, etc... We're so very thankful for the folks at Christchurch Deeside.

Everyone seems to be having trouble with their cars ! Well, perhaps not everyone, but it seemed pretty common...

I wish they hadn't conficated my deodorant at the airport and that I had been able to take a pair of nail scissors with me. Clippers are just not the same somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen